Tuesday 20 August 2013

Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NW10 (LONG REVIEW)


I recently purchased Studio Fix Fluid in NW10 online from Mac Cosmetics. I chose NW10 because it’s the lightest shade of this particular foundation.  Mac says this foundation is supposed to have natural matte finish and a medium buildable coverage with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 15. Comfortable and lasting time of up to eight hours, applies smoothly, builds coverage quickly and easily. Contains specially treated micronized pigments and soft focus powders for a super-smooth look that helps to minimize the appearance of imperfections. Absorbs and dispenses oil, oil free.  I purchased this foundation because people rave about it and I wanted to see what all the fuss was about, but Mac’s statement made me even keener to try this myself. Be aware when you purchase this foundation it does not come with a pump, but you can buy the pump separately.  I do find this a little odd as most bottled foundations come standard with a pump, I would love to know why Mac decided on this. I decided not to buy a pump because I figured if it doesn’t come standard them it must not be essential. 

Okay so I was wrong the pump is essential….the foundation is quite thick therefore a pump is needed otherwise it’s a long frustrating time trying to get the product from the bottle, I have no idea what Mac where thinking. The foundation has a general foundation scent to it but once applied the scent fades away. Like I said the consistency is quite thick and creamy but it applies beautifully.  I’ve used different tools to apply this including, a stipple brush, foundation brush, face brush, sponges and my fingers and I get a flawless finish every time.  In terms of colour it’s very pale perfect for us porcelain skinned people and it doesn’t change colour throughout the day. It has an impressive medium buildable coverage that does not look cakey or overdone.  But this is where things start to go downhill for me unfortunately, and it may just be my skin type or the time of the year I don’t know. Once I’ve finished applying my face in the morning it looks fantastic but within a few hours the foundation starts to disappear and all my blemishes are starting to make an appearance……this is not what I was expecting because I didn’t have a bad word to say until this happened. 


The next day I decided to use Mac’s Pro Longwear Concealer in NC15 to conceal any imperfections because it’s my current favourite concealer because it does such an amazing job, and I set the foundation with Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation. It sounds like I had a face full of foundation but I only applied a small amount of the powder foundation. Again in looked amazing but would it make any difference in lasting time……I’m glad to say it made all the difference, it stayed put all day and remained looking fabulous.

My overall opinion is very mixed because I like everything about Studio Fix Fluid apart from the short lasting time and the pump issue. It looks great don’t get me wrong but it’s a chew having to purchase two foundations, a pump and concealer to get this make up to last.  Even though I love Studio Fix Powder Foundation and the Longwear Concealer and will re-purchaise I won’t re-purchaise Studio Fix Fluid because If I don’t have the two products just mentioned in hand I can’t get the foundation to work. But I will continue to use the combination till I use them all up because it looks truly amazing.     

So my search for the perfect foundation continues it’s such a shame I was so close to finding it. Please do let me know if there is any foundations you recommended me to try.  Also feel free to share your opinions on today’s post with me.  


Mac Studio Fix Powder Foundation NC15 – Review Coming Soon!
Mac Pro Long wear Concealer in NC15 – Review Coming Soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, having to get everything is quite the hassle! Great vibrant eye in your photo, I love people who are much braver than me in the colored makeup department.

    Jenna ♥ ♥
    Northernbeauty85.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just haha.

      Thank you very much :3

      Love
      Paula Piranha
      x

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x