Friday 1 March 2013

Facefinity Compact Foundation by Max Factor

Foundation is the product I spend the most money on, or should I say waste. Being so fair skinned is such a nightmare, I feel as though companies don't believe there is people with pure porcelain skin out there. Trust me there is and I'm one of them. I have tried a lot of foundation that I have believed will suit my skin tone, but when I had applied, I could not of been more wrong. Its either to orange, to brown, to pink, to yellow etc. That's just one problem I'm faced with when it comes to foundation. I have always worn liquid foundation but for the last 6 months or so I have had to change to compact because my skin has became combination. 

On my search for a compact foundation, and this is the one I found

























The packaging of this product comes exactly like it does in the picture, without any outer packaging. This could be seen as a plus as it allows you to see the colour of the product along with being able to see that it comes with a rectangular sponge and a large sized mirror. However I don't like this because the compact is not secure and product can leek out. It would be better if it came in a box. But the most important reason I don't like the packaging is, in store people can swatch and test the product which leaves the sponge and product dirty and full of bacteria, In some cases people steal the sponge? Plus its not nice to buy something and then go to use it at home and it has already been used by someone else. Always check that any product you buy has not already been used as this is very unhygienic and should not be allowed. Also tell the manager if this problem occurs for you. Since I know what shade I need in this foundation I always but this product online, which insures me the product I'm buying has not been used.
















As you can see in the pictures I'm getting through this product, and this is my fourth compact. The compact comes with its own sponge to apply the foundation which is the best way in my opinion. (This sponge is not the original as I bin them after a while). It also has a decent sized mirror included which is great for on the move.









The texture of the foundation is smooth and powdery, but its super soft and blends flawlessly into the skin with no mess or fallout. There is 10g of product in the compact which only lasts me around two months, but I apply a thick layer of this to get maximum coverage. Being a Drugstore foundation I though £10.99 was a little expensive, but it was the only foundation I could find in the high street that seemed to be pale enough for my skin tone. This foundation comes in three shades, Porcelain, Ivory and Natural which is a downfall as I believe all foundations should be available in a wide range of shade.

I love this foundation its so easy to apply I could probably do it with my eyes closed. You can get a natural, medium or full coverage which is great depending how you like it. The coverage is also very good although after about six hours it starts to fade. But  as I said I go for a full coverage so when it starts to fade it just ends up looking more of a medium coverage and then natural as the hours go on.

I recommend this to people with a fair skin tone. 


Me wearing Facefinity :D

6 comments:

  1. I moved from liquid to powder compacts as well - they last longer on the face (and in the container) and keep away the oily shine for longer. Haven't tried Max Factor though - sounds like I ought to!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommenced it!!
      Its my favorite foundation at the moment and has been for a while now. Its the only compact I have used.

      Just bough a Illamasqua compact to try out. Review coming soon :D

      Paula xx

      Delete
  2. Great review! Love you blog, I was wondering if we could follow each other :)?
    Hannah xx

    the-beauty-drawer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Of course we can follow each other :D

      Followed :D

      Delete
  3. Great review I just might have to try this since I haven't got this product before just might have to try it next time I'm new follower maybe you could check my blog out comment and follow back ? :). http://thepocketsizedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      You should give it ago :D

      Sure I'll check out your blog I will also follow you on blogger and other blog sites if you have them, If you do the same back? :D

      Paula x

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x