Friday 1 March 2013

Magic Nail Polish Remover By Bourjois Paris






























I received this product in on of my SheSaidBeauty boxes, and to be honest I wasn't that exited about it. I had walked past this product a thousand times in my local Superdrug store because I though it would be a waste of time product, as I've always used cotton disks and nail polish remover, which always worked great for me.

Anyway I decided to give this a try. As you can see in the picture there is a hole inside the black foam where you put you finger in and twist, and like magic your nail polish will have gone. Although I don't think the one second claim is true, I find it to be a little far fetched but, if you twist your finger in the pot a few times the polish is completely gone.  

I was able to remove all the polish from my nails in less than two minute. I find this little pot of magic to be very helpful when I need to quickly remove polish if I'm rushing out or something. In general It could talk me up to ten minutes to remove polish the classic way.

One thing I'm a little meh about is the consistency of the remover, its very oily and greasy so I always wash my hands after I have removed polish. But to be honest I always wash my hands anyway, I just can't stand the feeling of oil/ grease. The oily greasy consistency has actually got a important role to play as its a special formula containing Almond Oil that nourishes and helps to take care of nails and cuticles. It has red fruit  and vanilla fragrance, although I just smell a nail polish smell, which I don't like.  

Be aware even though this product is amazing at removing polish, its not so good at removing glitter polish. I keep this pot for normal polishes and use the classic method to remove glitter. Another thing to bare in mind is that you can't use this product to remove  polish of your toe nails, believe me I have tried, it does not work haha. 

All in all I would buy this product again, I love how quick and simple it is at removing polish. It also comes in handy to clean my nail art pen, as once you have decorated you nails nice, you don't want to ruin them by cleaning your tools. 

Have you tried? Do you want to?

4 comments:

  1. I have this. It really does leave you greasy after. I hate the feeling. Mine is sitting In a drawer while I opt for normal remover most the time now. It's kinda handy but not worth the price. Apparently poundland do a similar product.

    Lizzums x
    http://benebelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use mine all the time, I really like it as its practical for me. I probs will buy another one but I can see myself going back to the classic polish remover in the future.

      Paula x

      I have added your blog to my reading list :D

      Delete
  2. I bought this in December and I keep wondering how I lived all these years without it. Makes the outdated cotton-pad-remover-rubbing method so outdated! Will repurchase and use forever!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! I love how fast it removes polish, it is kinda like magic hehe :D

      Paula x

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x