Tuesday 21 May 2013

Real Techniques Stippling Brush By Samantha Chapman

I've owned the real techniques stippling brush for quite some time and I thought it was about time I did a blog post on it, as it’s really made a difference to how I apply my makeup. It’s a must have for any make up junkie. 
It has synthetic taklon bristles that are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free. The bristles are very flexible and bendable they are individually defined to create a bouncy and gentle touch on the skin. It gives an airbrushed look and makes you look pixel perfect even in harsh lighting. I haven't noticed any bleeding or shedding and the bristles clean really well when I've just used dish soap and olive oil to clean them. Due to flat bottom they can stand on their own. The stippling brush is pretty light weight and this is what makes it more user friendly. Due to its small head, it easily reaches to the corners and curves of face. I use this brush to apply liquid and powder foundation and it instantly gives an airbrushed look. I also use this to apply powder and cream blush again giving a flawless airbrushed look. This brush can be pretty much used for all base make up. 

How I apply:

Liquid foundation: apply a small amount to a clean palette and tap the brush into the foundation until every bristle is covered. Dab the brush on to the face and then blend and buff into the skin. 

Powder foundation: gently tap the brush straight into the compact powder until the brush is evenly covered and blend and buff into the skin.

Cream blush: depending how pigmented the blush is tap the brush once into the blush if its heavily pigmented, if not tap 2 - 3 times or just until the brush is evenly covered. Blend and buff into the skin. 

Powder Blush: apply the same way as cream blush. 


This is my go to brush for apply foundation because I know that I will get flawless results every time and the brush makes the foundation application quick and easy. I also enjoy using this brush because it’s a multi-tasker, but I think I should invest in another or a couple more of the brushes as I use it for quite a few different things. I highly recommend this brush to every make up junkie. 

What are your favorite make-up brushes ? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x