Tuesday 17 September 2013

Loving Lately #



1. Avon Colour & Contour Powder in Rose Glow
The colour and contour powder is a lovely duo it has a bronzer and a highlighter that looks wonderful on its own or swirled tighter for a radiant glow. The duo is easy to use and works well with my skin tone. Sturdy and practical compact that is perfect for on the go.

2. Rimmel Union Jack Eye Palette Heart of Gold
My friend gave me this palette and I’ve been using it ever since. I swirl all the shades together to make a lovely shimmery brown shade. The powder is soft and packed with pigment which I wasn’t expecting for a drugstore eye shadow. It lasts all day and I can see myself wearing these eye shadows all through autumn. 

3. Rituals Volume Mascara
This mascara was a sample that came in last month’s edition of InStyle Magazine. I was really excited to try it out because I’m a huge fan of Rituals bath and body products and never tried their make-up products before. The brush is traditionally shaped and has long soft bristles that collect a good amount of product from the tube. I find the mascara nice to apply but that maybe because the wand is smaller as it’s a sample version. I get amazing results every time I use this mascara, which is why I keep going back to it. It gives me long thick lashes that stay looking good all day, and I will be investing in the full size tube once I run low. 

4. Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Eyeliner Nude
I absolutely love this eyeliner because it very pigmented, waterproof and lasts all day long. This nude shade is perfect for everyday because it’s not as bold as white eyeliner but none the less beautiful. There are many other shades available which I’m dying to get my hands on.

5. MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation NC15
This is my go to foundation when I’m having my morning rush to get ready because it’s so quick and easy to apply. It’s a shade darker than my Studio Fix Fluid Foundation but it’s not massively noticeable. It has a decent medium to full coverage, long lasting, breathable and looks flawless. 

6. Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Flash
Flash is a lovely pearly pink that looks flawless on the waterline. It has a soft creamy gel formula that glides on with ease and is packed with pigment. Once set it lasts all day. Unfortunately these eyeliner are now discontinued but the original black and silver eyeliners are still available.   

7. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo 
I purchased this because my skin was breaking out really badly and I heard really good things about it. The serum has a very mild fragrance, it sinks into the skin quickly and it makes a nice base for make-up. I honestly don't think it’s all it's made out to be because I still have pretty bad blemishes, but it does calm my spots and they look less angry and red, It also calms the redness on my skin and that's why I've been liking this product. Works well for my skin but not so much for my blemishes.  

5 comments:

  1. That Rimmel palette is pretty! Great post!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!
      It looks even better on the eyes :3

      Paula Piranha
      x

      Delete
  2. I have the scandal eyes too.. but it doesn't last all day on me.. I think I have very water-y eyes..

    http://malousssa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try using a good quality eye primer :D

      Paula Piranha

      Delete
  3. Thank you and of course :D

    Paula Piranha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x