Wednesday 13 March 2013

Illamasqua Powder Foundation 120



















First of all I love the packaging, that's one thing Illamasqua do incredibly well. Illamasqua have a dark gothic edge going on with their products and that's right up my street, If your a fan of my blog or you know me in person you will already know I'm a massive fan of alternative fashion, cosmetics etc. When it comes to powder foundations I like the compact to be housed in a box, simply to protect the compact, collect any loose powder and to place in my bag for on the go, without worry of loose foundation ruining the inside of my bag. 

 



















I personally think the design of the Illamasqua box is genius because you also get a small powder puff which has its own little department inside the box. The powder foundation comes in beautiful sleek black casing, with the brands logo on the very top of the case and the brands name on the catch to open the case. I do apologise about the picture quality, as shiny objects are tricky to take pictures of, and I'm not the best with cameras to start with.




I'm a huge fan of powder foundations as they are super quick and easy to use with little effort and flawless results. When using the included powder puff the foundation sweeps over the skin like a dream, effortlessly covering blemishes and uneven skin tone leaving a shine free smooth finish. It can also be applied with a brush for a lighter coverage. The coverage is sheer and has an extremely lightweight feel. It feels amazingly soft when applied, I'm pretty sure I could apply powder foundation with my eyes closed, which I've also mentioned on a previous post on powder foundation. This foundation is also wonderful at mattifying the T-zone and is perfect at providing coverage for redness of the skin. 

The foundation shade I have is 120, its perfect for those who have porcelain white skin, such as myself. In each compact you get 10g for £23.00 which I don't think is to much of a bad price to pay. Another reason I have fell in love with Illamasqua is because of the wide range of shades they offer, from pure white, to shades for people of colour. I find the coverage to be quite buildable, I can get a natural to medium look. No matter how much I apply the coverage never looks heavy or cakey but this foundation does not offer full coverage. On a day to day basis I always go for a natural look so this foundation is perfect for me. If I'm aiming for a fuller coverage I would apply liquid foundation instead, and set it with this compact foundation, as its also perfect for setting liquid and cream foundations. As for lasting power, I can get around 6 hours from it but as its a compact foundation I can re-apply any time I need, but I never really need to. 


All in all this is a great foundation and it's perfect for those with oily to combination skin and want a sheer coverage to mattify their T-zone. I'm really happy with this purchase, I think its money well spent. 


Have you used this product before? Do you want to try this product? 
Leave a comment below and tell me what you think!

Also if you have used any Liquid Foundation by Illamasqua, please let me know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing I have been meaning to try their products especially the shadows as they are super pigmented :D I love powder foundations also as I have oily skin so they look much better on :) than liquids.

    www.krystelcouture.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Illamasqua's powder foundation is the first product I have ever tried by them and I love it!! Really looking forward to trying other products by them :D

      Paula x

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x