Tuesday 2 July 2013

Empties




























Max Factor Xperience Weightless Foundation 40 Light Ivory
I really liked this foundation when I first bought it, but for some reason I stopped using it. Recently after forcing myself to use up all of the foundations I own because I over buy them, I found myself using it again. I've used four other foundations by Max Factor and I've liked all of them. I think Max Factor’s foundations are a fabulous quality and one of the best brands in my local drugstore. This foundation is a great price at £9.99 and it lasts me a long time because I don’t need to use a lot to get full coverage. It feels comfortable on the skin and it lasts a good eight hours. I have the lightest shade, and it suites my porcelain white skin perfectly. I can see myself buying this foundation again in the future because its reliable, full coverage and comfortable.   

Sanex Shower Gel Dermo Moisturising
This shower gel may look plain old boring and smell not so nice but it works wonders for my dry skin. The gel is thick and I don’t need to use a lot to get a good lather. It leaves my skin feeling clean and refreshed and very importantly moisturised. It leaves a layer of oil behind on the skin which I like a lot, because I love the way it makes my skin feel. It’s also great because I don’t need to moisturise with a different product after a shower or bath. At the price of £2.19 I will definitely purchase this again.    

Aussie Three Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment
Don’t get me wrong this is an amazing deep treatment conditioner at a purse friendly price of £4.99. But I leave conditioning treatments on way longer than three minutes and in all honestly this is just as good as any other I have used. It smells nice and leaves my hair soft and manageable. However I would buy this again which I have a few times, but I use it as an everyday conditioner rather than a treatment.

NYX Studio Finishing Powder
I really like this setting powder because it’s so finely milled and leaves my skin looking radiant and luminous. It’s brilliant at setting liquid foundation, and even though it’s white it applies transparent. However its £9.50 for only 6g which I don’t like so much but the main problem I have is the mess it creates. Most loose powders are messy but this is stupidly messy. I unscrew the top and the amount of powder that comes out is just a big waste and for the amount of product you get to start with, it’s a complete waste of money.  

Liz Earle’s Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
Cleansing is the most important step in my skin regime. So firstly the bottle is amazing, I use one pump if I'm not wearing make-up and two pumps if I’ve had make-up on. The pump applicator makes cleansing your face simple and less messy, plus you don't waste product like you do with tube design cleansers. You then apply the cleanser (which smells divine) onto dry skin or a face full of makeup. I love the fact you don't need to wet your face before applying the cleanser, because if you’re anything like me, I get my hair soaked, sleeves wet and the mirror gets splashed. One less thing for my parents to nag me about. You can also apply the cleanser straight on to a full face or make-up, which is great if you have been partying till early hours in the morning, or your lazy like me. You can even use the cleanser on your eyes to remove eye make-up such as mascara; it does not hurt my eyes in any way. Back to the regime once you have applied the cleanser on your face and neck you simply remove the cleanser with one of the pure muslim cloths you get provided with the product. Although if your removing make-up be prepared for a make-up covered cloth afterwards. I absolutely love this cleanser and it’s not a bad price at £14.75 and that includes two muslim cloths. I can see myself buying this again. 

Dermorganic Leave In Treatment
I didn’t get much use out of this product because it was a sample but I really enjoyed the amount I had to use. I would apply this to towel dried hair and comb through and it really made a difference in the time it took for my hair to air dry. It also made my hair feel soft and manageable but no different to what my usual Argan Oil treatment does. I wouldn’t buy this again because I didn’t find it anything special and Its pretty expensive at £8.59 for 30ml and £21.50 for 120ml.

Good Things Ulta Rich Creamy Scrub
The Ultra Rich Creamy Scrub is fantastic, it does exactly what a body scrub is supposed to do and it doesn't leave my skin red and blotchy. The scrub contains pomegranate and red grape with smooth micro beads and cranberry seeds that work to lift away any dead skin cells while the gentle creamy formula replaces lost moisture. I like to use this scrub all over my body before I shave my legs as the scrub prevents any nicks to dead skin cells or bumpy skin. Remember always exfoliate before applying fake tan!!! However I do prefer harsher scrubs but I like to use this scrub when my skin feels a little sensitive. It’s also purse friendly at £4.99. 

Eucryl Tooth powder Freshmint
I’ve been using this powder instead of toothpaste for the last month, and my teeth look a lot cleaner and whiter. It tastes pleasant and makes my teeth feel a lot cleaner than my usual toothpaste. I have bought this again and I will continue too as its only £1.00 and actually works.


Rimmel Gentle Eye Make Up Remover
I’ve been using this product for months now, and I keep on repurchasing. I like it because it is gentle and it doesn’t cause any irritation to my eyes or skin. It removes the toughest make up like mascara and Lime Crime’s Eye Shadow Helper. It does what it is supposed to do very effectively and Its another purse friendly price at £3.50! Love it.


What products have you used up this month?
  







  

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Hope you do it!!
    xx Laura

    http://misslaurabora.blogspot.ie/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      Thank you very much, that's amazing!
      Of course I will do it :)

      Thanks again,
      Love
      Paula Piranha
      x

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x