Wednesday 10 July 2013

No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder & Real Techniques Powder Brush

























No7 Perfect Light Loose Powder
No7 is a brand you can find in nearly all Boots stores in the UK. No7 was launched in 1935 as series of deluxe Beauty Preparations. Since then the packaging has been changed numerous times and many new products can be found on the market. The new No7 range offers  skin care and make up products with a fusion of modern brilliance and timeless beauty - an inspiring collection of indulgent textures, mouth-watering, ultra wearable shades and award-winning formulations giving the collection an 'underlying chic'.

If you have read my June empties post you will know I’ve used up all of my NYX Studio Setting Powder. So recently I’ve been on the hunt for a new one, I didn’t want to buy the same one because I find that boring and I was looking for something a little better. I’ve always stuck to translucent setting powders because it’s just as hard finding a powder as it is foundation. Just like foundation it needs to match the skin tone, not look cakey and it has to work. Having porcelain skin makes it a challenge, but it was even more challenging for me because it was like looking for a needle in haystack, just to fine loose setting powders. Finally I stumbled across the No7 counter and found what I was looking for LOOSE POWDER. No7 had four shade choices: translucent, fair, medium and dark. I swatched them all and fair seemed to match my skin perfectly, so that’s the one I bought, however I was very close to buying translucent.

The loose powder comes with small powder puff which is perfect to use wit this powder, but I prefer to use the Real Techniques Powder Brush. The powder is very fine and silky and it doesn’t have much of a scent to it. Used with both my powder brush and powder puff it gives a flawless finish without looking cakey or dry. It sets my foundation all day long and the foundation I have been using lately is Revlon Colourstay in Ivory for combination to oily skin. The powder is also fantastic at setting concealer under my eyes and I’ve noticed it helps to prevent creasing.

I have heard that the packaging has been changed and the container now houses 20g instead of 50g, this was a little disappointing for me because I would have rather had 50g of product for the price of £10.50. I do like the packaging because it’s neat and keeps the powder secure inside the container. However I complain that loose powder goes everywhere but this one stays in its place….too well.  It’s really hard work to realise the product and no matter how much I shake and tap it’s no use and the holes get blocked. I have to unblock the holes with a needle every time I use this product, which is a big pain. But I do love this powder because it works brilliantly I will buy it again, I also want to try the translucent powder. It is a shame about the container, and for me that’s the only disadvantage. But I’m going to turn a disadvantage and make it an advantage and de-pot the powder and house it in a recycled container to make it easier to use. Problem solved. 

Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Paraffinum liquidum (Mineral oil), Phenyl trimethicone, Dimethicone, Methicone, Tocopheryl acetate [+/-(May contain) CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron oxides) CI 77491 (Iron oxides), CI 77499 (Iron oxides)]

Real Techniques Powder Brush
I’m a huge fan of Real Techniques to begin with after purchasing some of their brushes and falling in love with them. They are Designed with pro makeup artist Samantha Chapman, Real Techniques brushes combine high-tech materials with innovative design to make creating a pixel-perfect look easier than ever. Taklon bristles are ultra plush and smoother than the hair you'll find in other brushes. Since taklon is synthetic, it's 100% cruelty-free. The soft fibres help create a flawless, high-definition finish in any type of light from sunlight to harsh indoor lighting. The color-coded system corresponds to the key steps of makeup application so you can create a flawless baseenhanced eyes,and the perfect finish like a pro. Each brush head is hand-cut to the perfect shape, allowing for precise application from dense coverage to a soft, delicate finish. The collection is suitable for a wide range of products and every makeup need – from powders, creams, and liquids to mineral makeup, highlighter, and shimmer. Brush names on the handles make for easy reference when creating your favorite look.

I needed a new powder brush because the one I had previously been using started to shred really badly. I decided the buy the Real Techniques Powder Brush because I knew it wouldn’t disappoint me as none of the other brushes have. The brushes are nicely priced and I payed £12.99 for the Powder Brush. I’ve used this powder brush with the No7 Loose Powder and I love the finish that both the products achieve together. The brush picks up the right amount of product and when applied loose powder is transported onto the face instead of the dressing table, which makes application a whole lot easier. The brush is soft and smooth on the face and does not irritate my skin or scratch make-up off the skin.  

You can buy these products HERE & HERE

What is your opinion on No7 and Real Techniques?
Leave a comment below and let’s talk Beauty. 






Find me on Facebook Follow me on Twitter Follow me on Instagram | 

2 comments:

  1. Great post!! I love real techniques brushes!!
    Would you like to follow each other on blogglovin' ? xoxo
    gleamingspire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them too!

      Of course I will follow you on bloglovin, I will also follow you here on blogger!

      Love
      Paula Piranha
      x

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x