Thursday 25 July 2013

Loving Lately


The heat is here and it’s been time to tone down my make-up. I recently bought L’Oreal’s True Match Foundation in Rose Ivory because it was the first foundation I ever used, so I was curious to see what I thought of it seven years later. In all honestly I was a little disappointed but I’ve put it to good use by using it on my legs to mask out little imperfections and it works brilliantly. I received Sleeks Pout Paints in 161 Minx & 154 Mauve Over in this month’s Glossybox and I’ve been wearing them ever since. The shades are perfect summer colours for me, a peachy nude shade and a hot purple/pink shade, they are made to be mixed but I like to be bold. They are best to be applied with a lip brush and they give a glossy full coverage lip. Lasting time is pretty good but nothing to rave about as the colour wears off in the inner part of the lips, leaving a bold outline. Even so I still love these lip paints and I really want to try other shades. Illamasqua Concealer 115 My all round favourite concealer right now, because it’s so smooth and creamy and covers up all my blemishes as well as hiding dark circles. The only niggle I have is it chips the nail polish on my thumb nail because of how the compact opens. Avons Eye Shadow Primer Wow I love this stuff and I think this is a dupe for Lime Crime Eye Shadow Helper, it has the same consistency and does exactly the same thing in exactly the same way but a lot cheaper. Sadly Avon is going to discontinue it!! Avons SuperShock Gel Eyeliner in Flash is a really pretty pearl/pink eyeliner that I’ve been using in the inner corners of my eye, giving a wide awake look that I just love. Its long lasting but Avon are also discontinuing this too, so I’m not going to ramble about it.


What have you been loving this summer?








4 comments:

  1. The L'oreal foundation is so creamy, I really love mine. Great list!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember I used to love it, but my skin has changed since then. I want to love it too but It doesn't provide me with enough coverage.

      Love
      Paula Piranha
      x

      Delete
  2. I like the true match foundation for the colour because I'm really pale myself but I find it just doesn't cover spots very well :-/

    Great post :-)

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's kinda the reason why I don't like it so much, perfect match but not enough coverage for me sadly.

      Love
      Paula Piranha
      x

      Delete

Thanks for you comment, I will get back to you shortly.
Paula x